Abstract Submission is now open
15 June 2015
Registration, abstract submission and bursary applications for the Conference: 'Advances in Tendon Research: From Bench to Bedside', sponsored by the Company of Biologists, are NOW open!
Deadline for receipt of abstracts is 24th July 2015.
Abstract submissions are made on-line here. When you click on the abstract submission link you will be asked to enter text into a series of forms. Members of the society will need their membership number and password, and some of the form will automatically be filled in from the BSMB membership database; please ensure that the auto-filled information is correct.
- Abstracts should be restricted to 350 words and structured with an Introduction, Materials & Methods, Results and Discussion. The abstract text may be entered directly, or cut and pasted from a pre-prepared document.
- Please remember to enter Greek characters and other symbols using the character set provided. The process should be straightforward, and will generate publication-ready abstracts in journal format.
- Do not include any figures or tables.
- Please do NOT include any references.
- Poster and oral presentations may cover any area related to tendon research.
- There will be poster and oral presentation competitions for eligible applicants (PhD students and post-docs in their first 3 years) with prizes.
- A number of abstracts will be selected for oral presentation (10 minutes duration + 5 minutes discussion) at various points throughout the programme. Speakers will be notified in advance of the meeting and advised of acceptable formats.
- All accepted abstracts will be published in the Bone and Joint Journal www.bjj.boneandjoint.org.uk. Abstracts will be reformatted according to the Bone and Joint Journal's guidelines.
- If you wish to opt out of publication, please inform the conference organisers when you submit your abstract.